Legal Practice Areas
At Severson Porter Law, we intentionally limits our areas of practice to Real Estate, Business, and Estate Planning so we can serve you better and more efficiently.
The following is a general summary of the areas of law in which we concentrate our practice. This summary, however, is not all inclusive and if you seek legal advice in a related area of law that does not appear here, please contact one of our attorneys for a consultation to discuss how we may be of service to you.
Business Transactions and Commercial Litigation
- Business Formation – including all types of business entities.
- Business Contracts – review, negotiation, drafting, dispute resolution.
- Commercial Finance and Corporate Capitalization
- Commercial Litigation – enforcement of contract, lien foreclosure, judgement collection, shareholder and partnership disputes, employment disputes, lease disputes, dissolution challenges and other business challenges.
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency Matters – insolvency planning and strategy; both business and individual; representation of creditor or debtor.
- Employment Law – non-competition agreements, employment contracts
- Licensing – contractor license, business license issues
- General Business/Corporate Law – business succession planning, shareholder agreements, commercial leases.
Commercial and Residential Real Estate
- Structuring and Documentation of Real Property Transactions
- Commercial and Residential Leases
- Foreclosures and Contract for Deed Cancellations
- Judicial Establishment of Real Estate Interests
- Real Estate Disputes
- Construction Mechanics Liens
- Breach of Contract Disputes – negotiating, and contract dispute litigation.
- Building Design Defects
- Products Liability and Warranty Claims
- Contractor and Subcontractor Liability Claims
- Architect and Engineer Liability Claims
- Public and Private Surety Bonds
Zoning and Land Development
- Land Acquisition
- Land Use Planning and Administration
- Zoning Compliance and Dispute Resolution
- Environmental Regulation and Compliance
- Government Based Development Initiatives
- Planned Unit Development (PUD) Projects
- Common Interest Community (CIC) Projects
- Building Permits
- Conditional Use Permits (CUP)
- Land Subdivisions
- Taxation Increment Financing
- Estate Planning
- Powers of Attorney
- Healthcare Directives